Straighten Me PLEASE !!

Hey sistas, so we all want to straighten our hair out from time to time just to see how long our hair has grown. Shrinkage has my hair looking so short when in actuality it is pretty long.  I straighten my hair once a year; preferably in the winter to see how much it has grown. The fall and winter time are the best times to straighten your hair simply because you don’t have to deal with heat, sweat, and humidity. I live in Alabama where it is always super-hot and humid. It is hard trying to maintain a blow -out in the summer or spring. It is also hard for me to maintain a blowout for a long period of time because I work out a lot and the sweat makes my hair puff right back out. I prefer to only blowout my hair once a year because I don’t want to damage my natural hair. Although, I am still natural with a blowout I have put heat to my head and altered the curl pattern of my hair. Here are some tips to keep in mind if you are thinking about straightening or altering your natural curl pattern.

1. Leave straightening your hair to the professional hairstylist- There is nothing wrong with wanting to do your own hair but professionals know way more about hair then you do. Professional hairstylist have went to school and earned a license to do hair. Professionals know all the right hair products to alter your natural hair.  

2. Check the temperature - It is so important to check the temperature of flat-irons, curling wands, blow dryers or anything that requires heat to your hair. You want the temperature to be luke-warm, not too hot but not too cold. Many times, we think the higher the temperature the faster it will try our hair but, its more damaging than anything. Some people believe that because they have thick hair that the temperature needs to be super high. FALSE!! Also, heat protectant spray is super important when putting heat to your hair.  

3. Detangle your hair – Make sure to detangle your hair before putting heat to it. It is an important part to straightening your hair. While blow drying your hair you should part it in sections and comb your hair out.  

These tips will help you with straightening your hair and keeping your natural hair protected

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nighttime Routine

Q&A on Protective Hairstyles in College

Wash And Go